Tuesday, April 21, 2009

he was born with the gift of a golden voice



Dad and I went to see Leonard Cohen while I was in Vancouver. (Thanks to filmguy for the tickets--he couldn't go, but don't feel too bad for him because he got to see Leonard in Rome!). Leonard and his musicians played and sang for 3 hours and they were every bit as good at the end as at the start. I'll be happy if I'm able to sustain any sort of activity for three hours at the age of 74, never mind playing a sold-out concert.

The last time Leonard Cohen came to Vancouver was 1993, and although he played at the Orpheum I didn't go because I had a night class. Ah youth. What was I thinking? I suppose it's telling that I don't even remember what class was so important for me to attend that I missed out on hearing LC sing. I'm glad I didn't miss out this time though.

And yes, he did sing "Chelsea Hotel No. 2."

3 comments:

Mark said...

Yes, that is the problem with young people! They are just too dedicated to their studies! :P

Melinda said...

Ha! (I wish.)

Klaus Biesel said...

I whished i had been there.