Wednesday, September 23, 2009

zucchini boats

Tonight I made these zucchini boats [found via Tastespotting] for dinner, and to my delight they not only resembled the photo in the recipe, but also tasted good.

Of course, me being me, I made quite a few substitutions. I substituted Yves' Ground Round for the turkey sausage (and reduced the amount of salt accordingly) and used one tbsp Calvados instead of the two tbsp of dry white wine the recipe called for. I also added a tablespoon of hot sauce instead of using ground pepper.

I give this recipe a thumbs up. It was easy, inexpensive, and tasty.

I ended up with a lot of filling left over, so I baked the leftovers in ramekins and will bring some to work for lunch and dinner tomorrow (it's my long teaching day).

3 comments:

peter said...

They were good.

Tricia Orchard said...

They look really good! I should use this recipe and get rid of all the zucchini sitting on my counter.

T :)

ashley-in-chains said...

These do look good and I have some gigantic zucchini to use up...may have to slice and layer. I use Seitan Chorizo Crumbles for sausage replacement. You can find the recipe at http://havecakewilltravel.com/2008/12/22/seitan-chorizo-crumbles/