Thursday, February 11, 2016

chickpea soup for lazy people



"Chickpea soup" by Gail on Flickr. Used under a Creative Commons 2.0 license. This is a nice photo of chickpea soup that looks a lot like the soup I made. Unfortunately, I ate my soup before I remembered I wanted to take a picture of it, so I'm using this photo instead. Thank you Gail for making it available through Creative Commons!

Serves two, or one hungry person who is OK with eating an entire tin of chickpeas in one sitting.

Ingredients:

1 tin of chickpeas (540 mL)
1 clove garlic
1/3 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp herbes de Provence
2 cups water
chili flakes to taste

2 tsp lemon juice
 extra virgin olive oil to garnish

Method:

1. Drain and rinse chick peas. Put in a pot.
2. Add all other ingredients except lemon juice and olive oil.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer. Cook for at least 15 minutes.
4. Puree with immersion (stick) blender.
5. Stir in lemon juice. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
6. Serve topped with a generous drizzle of olive oil.

No comments: